Copyright (c) 2014 by Elise Mueller Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Elise Mueller -- Blogmeister

Our Wonderful Blog!

by Elise Mueller

Good Advice on How to Comment
Portable C Wiki
Acceptable Use/Parent Form
How to use Blogmeister
4/5 Blog from Maine
Internet Safety
Room 2 Dragons
Top Dogs
Science, Technology, Reading Academy in Duluth, MN
THE RINGLER FAMILY Travel Blog
Larrabee del.icio.us
Pudong, China 5th Grade

WASL Tidbits

Two weeks and six long tests later our WASL tasks are complete! Now, we are diving into poetry. Geometry with words! We started with the word "tidbit" which I always took to mean a small bit. Well, the proper definition is, "very pleasing bit of food, news, etc."  Some students felt that combining WASL with something pleasing was created and oxymoron. Others disagreed. Just like broccoli, some love the WASL and some don’t! Thankfully all of us are having fun with words; how they sound, how they look, and what they mean. Look to the left and click on the Poetry assignment to read poems from fifth graders!

Article posted April 29, 2009 at 02:07 PM • comment (1) • Reads 101 • Return to Blog List

I remember having to do the WASL in 5th grade, it was not at all fun, and it was very long. I remember those two years ago when I was in your class room. I remember when our class got the technology grant, and all the cool things we got. Thank you for being a great teacher to me when I was in your class,
Megan R.

P.S. I am trying to find time to come visit my old teacher friends at Larrabee, so I hope you are there that day. Please say Hi to Mrs. Young and Ms. Conlon for me, see you all very soon, hopefully!
Posted June 15, 2009 at 11:43 PM by • Megan R.

Alumni 2006-07
Alumni 2007-08
Alumni 2008-09
Blue Group
Green Group
Oregon Trail
Red Group
Revolutionary War

THE FINE PRINT!! This website is approved by the school district. All material posted by students will be governed by the Appropriate Use Policy, especially the district policies against bullying and harassment and the district Internet Use policy provisions addressing offensive language and transmission of personal information about self or others. Please take a few minutes to read the Bellingham School District's Appropriate Use Policy as outlined on the Parent Permission Form which is listed under Related Links to your left.