In school we read Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. It was about a community where people all have a reason to plant a plant that is special to them in some way. We had to create seed packets on a person in the book and someone in our life and how they relate to the plant they grown. On the back we had to write the qualities of that person and how they connect to their plant. We had to draw a picture on the front of what that plant/person does. I chose a character in the book named Sam. He liked to get people talking so they could be more of a community. His plant was a pumpkin because the vines on a pumpkin reach out and grab on to the soil and objects. The person in my life was my grandmother and her plant was a carrot. It was a carrot because when she talks about something she goes really deep into that subject and carrots go really deep into the ground. It was a neat project and I would like to do it again.

Article posted April 23, 2009 at 08:33 AM • comment • Reads 310 • Return to Blog List