Copyright (c) 2014 by Sheila Adams Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Sheila Adams -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Science - Sheila Adams-

Ms. Adams' Blog

This space is for sharing information, links, and activities for 7th grade science at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, USA. Student blogs are located at http://tinyurl.com/7thblog or http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=266813

by Sheila Adams

Rye Jr. High School
Science Class web page
Ms. Ellwood's Web Page
Ms. Adams Web Page
Earthbridges
7th Grade Blogs
8th Grade Blogs
6th Grade Blogs

In school we read Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. It was about a community where people all have a reason to plant a plant that is special to them in some way. We had to create seed packets on a person in the book and someone in our life and how they relate to the plant they grown. On the back we had to write the qualities of that person and how they connect to their plant. We had to draw a picture on the front of what that plant/person does. I chose a character in the book named Sam. He liked to get people talking so they could be more of a community. His plant was a pumpkin because the vines on a pumpkin reach out and grab on to the soil and objects. The person in my life was my grandmother and her plant was a carrot. It was a carrot because when she talks about something she goes really deep into that subject and carrots go really deep into the ground. It was a neat project and I would like to do it again.

Article posted April 23, 2009 at 08:33 AM • comment • Reads 128 • Return to Blog List

Rye 7th Team -

Ms. Adams - 7th grade science teacher; Co-leader of the Belize-UNH Teacher Program; Past President of NHSTE [nhste.org]

EarthCast 2012
Earthcast11 Badge

Click here to get more mini-SharkBreak widgets - www.SharkBreak.com
CURRENT MOON
--- ---
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called MyOats. Make your own badge here.

badge