Copyright (c) 2014 by KHGU Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KHGU -- Blogmeister

KHGU

F - L 2011-2012

by KHGU

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Seedfolks

In our language arts class we were reading a book called Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman. It was about how different people around the world plant different plants. It was very interesting because in the book the garden starts out as pretty much a junkyard. The people that lived in the town were inspired by one another to go to the garden, help clean up the place, and then they each got their own place in the garden.

The project we did was to make a seed packet on one of the characters in the book. I picked Sae Young because she seems very quiet, and was just the best part of the book to read. I though this because she talked in a different way. We were to come up with a plant that best describes the character we chose. I chose a hot chili pepper for Sae Young because whenever she was somewhere she was always moving. She was also very shy because she was of course foreign, and she didn’t know many of the people that lived around her. We were also supposed to make directions for the seed packet that show the characters qualities.

I made 2 seed packets, and one of them was for a character in the book, and the other was a choice (someone in your life, ect.) so I picked my puppy. He is a yellow/golden Labrador. I also chose a hot chili pepper to best describe him, because he is always moving, he is always jumping up and down, and he is very quick.

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 07:52 AM • comment • Reads 61 • Return to Blog List