Copyright (c) 2014 by RedSoxHater#1 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RedSoxHater#1 -- Blogmeister

RedSoxHater#1

2009

by RedSoxHater#1

teacher: Gordon Brune

Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
A Great Movie (A) 06/22/09
Embarrassing 2 Sing (A) 06/03/09
The bees that like video games! (N) 05/29/09
AR TEST for Half Magic (WP) 05/27/09
AR test for Alcatraz versus the evil librarians (WP) 05/27/09
AR Test for The Calder Game (WP) 05/27/09
AR Test for The Year of the Hangman (WP) 05/27/09
Deep sea creatures (N) 05/15/09

In D.A.R.E I learned all the bad things that can happen to you if you make bad decisions with alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco, but after you read this essay you will not want to take them.

With DARE I learned about a lot of thing but the first was what it stands for. DARE stands for, Define, Assess, Respond, and Evaluate. Or more commonly Drugs, Alcohol, Resistance, Education.

Tobacco
Here are some facts about tobacco. See if you think smoking is cool after reading this. Tobacco has 200 known poisons in it. Smoking can cause Heart Disease too. Smoking can cause cancer in your : mouth, throat, bladder, kidney, and worst of all in your lungs. Cigarettes contain Nicotine which is additive and makes you want to take more. More than 400,000 people die each year from cancer related death. It is the leading cause of preventable death in this country. If you ask me it should be illegal.

Marijuana
If you use marijuana you can suffer from short-term memory loss. Also it can be additive. There is more tar in marijuana smoke than even tobacco smoke. (That's a lot of tar.) Marijuana contains 50% to 70% more cancerous chemicals than tobacco smoke.
But luckily it is illegal unlike cigarettes.

Alcohol
Alcohol is illegal if you are under 21. These are some facts that show that was a good law to create. Alcohol can damage every organ in your body. Also if you drink too much you can die or be put into a coma. Alcohol ruins your body after and while you’re drinking it. You are slower and you get blurred vision. I’d think twice when you ask for more beer.

Now you see what DARE has taught me and hopefully has taught you too.

I will not drink or smoke ever and definitely won’t use drugs. I hope you don’t either.

Article posted March 24, 2009 at 08:10 AM • comment (1) • Reads 81 • see all articles

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!