Copyright (c) 2014 by Brian Crosby Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brian Crosby -- Blogmeister

Collaborative Class Blog-

Mr. Crosby's Class

We are a 6th grade class that is piloting a 1:1 laptop program using MacBook computers. We blog, Skype, make Wiki pages, produce digital videos, podcasts and vidcasts.

by Brian Crosby

Our Class Wiki Page
Our "Animal Ark Wiki Page Project"
Our "Inclusion" Video
Blogs We Read
Mighty Writers - 3rd Grade Seattle, Washington, USA
Tell The Raven - 6th Grade - Alaska
Denton Dynamos Discussions - Long Island, New York

So that we are practicing reading critically we are each going to find a blog post that we choose as our "Blog Post of the Week!" As you read others' posts, cut and paste the URL of any post you think is well written onto an Appleworks page that you save as:

“My Blog post of the week of 2-20-09”

During our class discussion about what "well written" means, you said: Uses proper English and punctuation, good spelling (at least), explains well and describes well, shows doesn't tell (as much as possible).

Then on Friday we will each revisit those posts to select our post of the week. Once selected we will post a comment on that person's post explaining to them that this is your winner and ALL the reasons why. 

Article posted February 18, 2009 at 10:21 AM • comment (16) • Reads 207 • Return to Blog List

Hello, Mr. Crosby!
I admire with your work!
I wish you successes in your hard work!
best regards!!! ForeverStudent :))
Posted September 23, 2009 at 03:35 PM by • ForeverStudent
Hi Celest - great to hear from you. Please blog if you would like. Tell about what you are doing, things you did at your new school, anything. Leave comments on other students recent posts. They'll be glad to hear from you too!
Mr. Crosby
Posted July 8, 2009 at 11:35 PM by • Mr. Crosby
hi, Mr.crosby how have you been. well I have been doing good.hope you have a great summer.
Posted July 8, 2009 at 03:11 PM by • celest
Posted July 8, 2009 at 03:10 PM by • celest
Posted July 8, 2009 at 03:02 PM by • celest
Hi Mr. Crosby how are you? I have finshed my leave my mark story. And i saw you posted it. My spelling is doing good to. I like the post that you put on there. From Tara
Posted June 25, 2009 at 06:56 PM by • Tara
Hi Mr.Crosby,
I will try and look around the web and tell you what my favourite blog post to read this week was.
Bye
Posted June 11, 2009 at 11:59 AM by • Nicholas
I am really interested in reading how your students are becoming better writers. We have some safety videos we would like to share with your class. Please visit our blog.
Posted May 21, 2009 at 04:25 PM by • Mrs. Marit
I think that's a really cool activity that you're doing. =)

Please visit my blog as also.
Posted May 14, 2009 at 01:56 PM by • Sally
hay Mr.C do you remember when we skyped with each other that was so much fun.well comment me back
Posted April 27, 2009 at 10:22 AM by • lil misspiggy
hey mr crosby i injoyed your blog well you should put me back on but if you dont thats ok well by see you one day
Posted April 24, 2009 at 02:22 PM by • arianna
hi mr.crosby remember me its arianna torres guesse what on thursday your guyses soccer team is going to my school and im going to see you guys agian im so excited o and just to tell you im on the soccer team well ya i miss you and i bet im going to see alot of you in sparks middle school ok well buy miss you
Posted April 24, 2009 at 02:10 PM by • arianna
Mr.Crosby,

My teacher always tells my class to have wel written blog posts, comments and in stories. I think it is important because if you get in the habbit earlier the better you will do in writing in higher grades. Good Job!

Write Back,
Colin
Posted April 22, 2009 at 04:52 PM by • Colin
Dear Mr. Crosby and his students,

We'd love to talk with you about the meaning of "well-written"!

We are 22 debut writers looking for classrooms that want to work with authors. Our novels are both middle grade and young adult and cover a broad range of genres. To learn more about us and our books, go to www.classof2k9.com.

Connecting with us could happen in lots of different ways, including an exchange of letters, a question and answer session on our blog (or on yours), a chat room or Skype visit, or when proximity allows, an in-person meet and greet in your classroom (which could also involve more classrooms, an entire grade, or a middle school or high school assembly). The best part about these visits is that they are free! And, it sounds like you are very familiar with the technology to make this all happen!

In addition to visits, we are also encouraging schools to join our nationwide book drive for literacy. On our site, we have tips on how to run your own book drive for a needy school or even for your own! It's a great way for students to share their love of reading and make a difference. Check it out here: http://classof2k9.com/?q=node/58

We also hope you'll enter our contests to win books for your home or professional library. Watch our blog for details: http://community.livejournal.com/classof2k9

We know that this time of the school year is busy and anticipate that the fall might be more appealing. We'd love to work with you and your students and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for your consideration,

Susan Fine, author of INITIATION (Flux, May 2009)
Beverly Patt, author of HAVEN (Blooming Tree, Fall 2009)
authorstogo@classof2k9.com
Posted April 20, 2009 at 02:33 PM by • Susan Fine
Hello, Mr. Crosby Im Eva Maria Barron Lepe I hope you remember me I was youre student at Agnes Risley back in 1998 or 1997 the truth I do not remember the exact year but it gives me great pleasure to know that youre still helping students as you did with me and youre students should be thankful for having a teacher like you. I already have 21 years and live in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico. Im going to Continued to be more into the page to see how the projects are and if someone wants to contact me my email is aveairam1@hotmail.com
Posted April 7, 2009 at 04:31 PM by • Eva Barron
Hey Mr. Crosby, I hope that you gays are having fun. I will miss all you gay because you had been there from the start. We had ups and downs but we were always there for eachother BYE!!!!!!
Posted April 4, 2009 at 04:17 AM by • Lorenzo

A) Mr. Crosby's Current Class
Mr. Crosby's Alumni Bloggers

We are a 6th grade class that is piloting a 1:1 laptop program using MacBook computers. We blog, Skype, make Wiki pages, produce digital videos, podcasts and vidcasts. In short - we are a Collaborative Class. Locations of visitors to this page