Copyright (c) 2014 by david warlick Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
david warlick -- Blogmeister

Notes from the Studios of Class Blogmeister-

by david warlick

2ยข Worth Blog

Why Kids Blog
Yesterday, the local MEGA group held a showcase event where they invited a fairly large group of people to come and showcase some of their projects. The were a number of vendors there, but it was mostly schools, who brought posters and computer samples of their local projects. cccc

I demonstrated Class Blogmeister, though I actually promoted ePals' and Gaggle's blogging tools. A couple of hours before the event, I sent a request out through the Class Blogmeister mailing list asking for any blurbs that Blogmeister teachers might share as to their students' use of blogging. So here are the ones that came back almost immediately, with very very minor edits.

Even when they're out sick, students work on their blogs.
Carol Barsotti

I've got 6th graders coming in during their lunch and after school to add articles to their blog and to respond to their classmates' articles
Al Gonzalez

My students are floored when, as they say, "some random person from Texas commented on my blog!!" The students are getting real world experience with writing.
Brian McLaughlin

Why would my students want to write on paper for their teacher to see, when they could write on their blog for the whole world to see.
Kathy Cassidy

In fifteen years of teaching, I have never seen anything come along even CLOSE to motivating students to write - like blogging does.
Mark Ahlness

For your edification!

1st Make Believe Class
2nd Make Believe Class
3rd Make Believe Class

I'm a 37-year (vagabond) educator, traveling the world and spreading the news that effective teaching and learning should, and could, be the most exciting endeavor that any society engages in. Now, after more than three decades of it, I am seeking a new intersection between play, passion and purpose. However, I suspect that Class Blogmeister will continue to glow, grow and flow!