Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

Letters to John-

by AA teacher: Elise Mueller

One of the letters that Abigail Adams wrote to John Adams
Dear friend,
“I long to hear that you have declared an independency, and by the way, in the new code of laws witch I suppose it will be necessary for you to make, I desire you would remember the ladies and be more generous and favorable to them then your ancestors. Do not put so much unlimited power into the husband’s hands and put more power into the ladies hands. I think that the men and the ladies should have equal rights. So if you would be so generous please think a little bit about this letter.” By Abigail Adams paraphrased by aw.

Hello. My name is Abigail Adams. I belive that to give woman rights is the way to go. I have written many letters to my husband John Adams. He usually writes back. If you would like to see some of my letters, look in my articles.(MM)