Copyright (c) 2014 by TH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TH -- Blogmeister

Thomas Hutchinton

by TH teacher: Elise Mueller

(This is a fictional account, since no sources of info on the real opinion were found)

I am quite glad of the outcome of the Seven Years war. The French have lost Canada and all territories east of the Mississippi. I do think that the drafting civilians and allowing troops to take supplies from them at will is a little harsh, but it did boost munitions stock.
However, the crown is in high debt from the cost of the war. The taxes are going to be raised, that is the most probable outcome.
Prime Minister William Pitt’s tactics worked, but when an uprising nearly tore New York apart, he was forced to relent.
It is unfortunate about the death of Commander Edward Braddock in the attack of Fort Duquesne.
The Seven Years war was ultimately a victory for the British. (JJ)