Copyright (c) 2014 by Amy Kenyon Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Amy Kenyon -- Blogmeister

The View From 3rd Grade

by Amy Kenyon

Life in Lower School (Mrs. Kenyon)
North Shore Names (Mr. Green)
Classroom of the Mysteries VoiceThread
The Electronic Pencil (Mr. Hodgson's 6th Graders)
3rd Grade Websites
Risley Roarer's Blog (Mr. Crosby's 6th graders-Nevada)
Mighty Writers (Mr. Ahlness's 3rd Graders-Washington)
Mrs. Heaton's Class (4th grade-South Carolina)
A World of Wonder (Ms. Shulman's 2nd graders-Northbrook)
Third Grade Audio
Public Radio Exchange

Mrs. Kenyon is giving a presentation called "Blogging in a 3rd Grade Classroom" at the Northern Illinois Computing Educators (NICE) Mini-Conference this Saturday, January 31st.  She will be talking to other teachers about this blog that we started this fall.  She would also like to share your thoughts and feelings about blogging with these teachers and with other people who read this blog.

Please choose 4 of the following 6 questions to answer in complete sentences: What do you like about blogging?  Why is it different then writing things down in your writer's notebook?  Do you like giving or receiving comments better?  What is your favorite comment that you received?  What is your favorite post that you have written?  What else would you like to write about on the blog?

Article posted January 26, 2009 at 09:43 PM • comment (9) • Reads 2033 • Return to Blog List

We are sending up a high altitude balloon 100,000 feet. We are going to attach a green balloon, a blue balloon, an orange balloon and a Cheetos bag on our payloads. The orange one is full of air, the blue one is half full, and the green party balloon is filled about ¼ of the way with air. We are also attaching a Cheetos bag - snack size on the top of the payload. Next, we will send the payload up over 100,000 feet on a high altitude balloon. What do you think will happen to the balloons and chip bag? Leave a comment on this post or one of the student posts telling what you think will happen to each balloon and the chip bag. What effect will going up almost 20 miles high have? We will post photos later to show what happened. LEAVE YOUR ANSWER (HYPOTHESIS) by clicking on the "ADD A COMMENT"
Posted May 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM by • Isabela
I think blogging is an excellent way for students to share ideas and understandings, as well as experiment with/experience technology. Students always get so excited when then know somebody from some where else has looked in on their writing.
Posted February 23, 2010 at 10:17 PM by • Mr. Edwards
We have a blog, too! We like to blog because what we write can be seen all over the world! You can read our teacher's post on blogging on our blog.
Posted February 4, 2009 at 09:57 AM by • Live and Learn
dear ms.kenyon i really like your
blog because it is really cool.
from
m and m.
Posted February 2, 2009 at 03:48 PM by • m and m
Dear Third Graders:
I really enjoyed reading your blog entries. It is so great to see how you are using technology to share all of your creative thoughts with the wider world. Thank you to Mrs. Kenyon for allowing me to look through your window.
Posted January 28, 2009 at 08:16 PM by • Mr. Sweeney
Dear Third Graders,

I am a fourth grade student at Mossy oaks Elementray School.We have a blog. I like reciving posts better than typing them because it makes me feel better because they write good things to me. The one thing about why I like blogging is that I can meet people like from around the world. My faviorite thing that I have posted so far is my bulling peice because Mrs.Heaton (my teacher) called and told me that mine was one of the best. one thing that I would like to post on the blog is one chareteristic about you that makes you you . I really enjoyed blogging to you .
Sincerly,
Mary Claire
(Beaufort SC)
Posted January 28, 2009 at 03:05 PM by • Mary Claire
Dear Third Graders - It is wonderful to see how much you are enjoying blogging. It is a skill you will use for many years to come. Good luck and have fun. Mrs. D
Posted January 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM by • Mrs. Denesha
Third Graders - It is wonderful to read your comments and see what new skill you are using to blog. It is a great communication tool you will use for years to come. Good luck blogging. Mrs. Denesha
Posted January 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM by • Mrs. Denesha
Hi third graders! I am very impressed with the work you are doing on your blog. It is fun to read your responses. I have noticed that sometimes you are able to be more "free" and creative in your responses when you're using a blog to respond, rather than another way of writing. I am so glad that Mrs. Kenyon shared this work with the other teachers. You are lucky to have teachers who are so technologically savvy and who encourage you to do the same. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts as you do more blogging. Have a wonderful Wednesday! -Mrs. Gentithes
Posted January 27, 2009 at 07:11 PM by • Mrs. Gentithes

3rd Grade 08-09

We are a 3rd grade class of beginning bloggers from North Shore Country Day School in Winnetka, IL