sb blog

teacher: Elise Mueller

My Science Thinking
What did you observe when the salt and water were combined?
· 1. What I observed was that the water and the salt were both a mixture and a solution because we combined the water and the salt and that was a mixture, but we knew it was a solution by how it dissolved. The other thing we found out was that the more salt you put in the harder it is to dissolve.
2.How did measurement help you describe the changes?
You could do it without the measuring tools if you guessed the right amount then you wouldn’t have to use the measuring tools.

3.What have you learned about the properties of salt when you add it to water?
What I have learned was that when you add salt in water that is a mixture because you combined them together to make a mixture.

4.How does experimenting with a solution of salt and water help you to understand the properties of salt and/or water?
How it helps me understand the properties is by knowing the definition of a mixture and a solution.