· What did you observe when the salt and water were combined?
I observed that if you stirred enough the salt would dissolve leaving slightly cloudy water, but if you did not stir that much the salt would not dissolve and the water would be much cloudier.
· How did the water and the salt change when they were combined in the cup?
The water turned cloudier and the salt dissolved.
· How did measurement help you describe the changes?
The water with the salt in it was a tiny bit heavier than the water without the salt.
· What have you learned about the properties of salt when you add it to water?
Salt dissolves, and salt makes the water heavier and cloudier.
· How does experimenting with a solution of salt and water help you to understand the properties of salt and/or water?
You are changing the variables, and you can discover how the salt or water changes, and those would be new properties.