Copyright (c) 2014 by Dale Witte Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dale Witte -- Blogmeister

Mr. Witte's Music Technology Blog-

Music Tech Lab, Rm. 155

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by Dale Witte

Winnebago Lutheran Academy
Bible
Composing My Thoughts
Ricci Adams' musictheory.net
Free manuscript paper
Audacity
The Orchestra: A User's Manual
Guitar Tuner
Guitar Chordbook
Guitar Chords Magic
Hand in Project Files Here
MIDI Hymn Project Evaluation Form
Wikispaces
Music Tech files
Cambridge Music Technology
Garageband '11 101: Core Garageband Video Tutorials
MIDI Demystified Video Tutorials
Core iMovie '11 Video Tutorial

Go to YouTube and search for any of these Beatles songs.  Start listening to them and ask yourself "which ones could I perform myself? (either on the computer, live, or a combination).  Comment to this article which songs you would like to see the complete scores for and I'll get them to you.  The number after each song is the page number of that song in the book The Beatles Complete Scores published by Hal Leonard.

The following songs are the ones that I thought were some of the easier ones to cover. Some are harder than others. You may want to cover a song that is not listed here. Check with me to see if I have it and to see its score.

Act Naturally 18, All Together Now 33, All You Need is Love 39, And I Love Her 44, Blackbird 122, Can’t Buy Me Love 137, Day Tripper 176, Eleanor Rigby 243, Fixing a Hole 270, Fool on the Hill 282, Getting Better 308, Goodnight 342, Got to Get You Into My Life 347, Hello Goodbye 365, Here Comes the Sun 385, Hey Jude 403, I Am the Walrus 425, If I Fell 449, I’ll Follow the Sun 467, I’m a Loser 475, I Want to Hold Your Hand 565, Let It Be 603, The Long and Winding Road 614, Love Me Do 635, Michelle 679, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da 725, Paperback Writer 762, Penny Lane 767, P.S. I Love You 791, Rock and Roll Music 824, She Loves You 868, She’s Leaving Home 884, Twist and Shout 973, We Can Work It Out 988, When I’m Sixty Four 1009, With a Little Help From My Friends 1030, Yellow Submarine 1057, Yesterday 1074, You Can’t Do That 1077, You Won’t See Me 1124

Article posted January 22, 2009 at 07:56 AM • comment (25) • Reads 280 • see all articles

Block 3, Sem 1 13-14
Block 3, Sem 2 13-14
Block 8, Sem 1 13-14
Block 8, Sem 2 13-14

Dale Witte is the choir director and music technology teacher at Winnebago Lutheran Academy, Fond du Lac, WI. He has been teaching since January 1990 and really enjoys teaching students how God's gift of music works. Dale is also a church organist, piano player, violinist, and church music composer. Locations of visitors to this page