Copyright (c) 2014 by LA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LA -- Blogmeister

ME, myself, and I-

by LA teacher: Mrs. B (5)

Homeless Bird
Homeless Bird is an amazing story by Gloria Whelan. This story talks about a thirteen year old girl called Koly who married a boy called Hari. Koly was told that Hari is 19, but on the wedding day Koly finds out that Hari is younger than she is and that his parents tricked her into marrying him just to take her money. The money was used to get a doctor to try curing Hari's sickness, but the doctor sadly said there is no cure. Sass, the mother in-law, told the doctor that she is taking her son to the Veranasi where there is a lake; well as Indians believe that lake would cure anything. The doctor said it was a bad idea because it's a long journey, but no one could change Sass's mind. The next day the family took Hari and went to the lake. Koly compared herself to a homeless bird when she read a poem in the book of Sassur, which is Koly's father in-law. But after the events she was a homeless bird flying back home.
Article posted January 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM • comment (1) • Reads 34 • Return to Blog List

I agree with you; it is an amazing story.
Posted February 18, 2009 at 09:58 AM by • NM