Conditions of Use
- Gebal was named Byblos by the Greeks.
- The first evidence of humans in Byblos dates back to 5000 BC.
- The Phoenician alphabet was invented in the year 1200 BC.
- The Ottomans ruled Lebanon from 1516 to 1914.
- The French ruled from 1920 until 1943.
- The Greeks ruled from 333 BC to 64 BC.
- The Romans ruled from 64BCto 395 AD.
- El was the main god. Baal was the most popular god.
Sources: Wikipedia: Byblos History
Article posted January 9, 2009 at 06:35 AM •
comment (1) • Reads 639
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment
I like your facts because it is good and nice. I like it because of facts that very good and I like Byblos too. What I liked the best was the Greek fact because Greece is nice. I hope you do more facts, Elias, have a good day.
Comment Posted on May 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM by
Latest 10 Comments: