Copyright (c) 2014 by Kim Peddle Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kim Peddle -- Blogmeister

Washington Wiz Kids

Room 35

by Kim Peddle

Time for Kids
Scholastic News
CNN News for Kids
New York Times Kids
Weekly Reader
Kim Peddles Classroom Website

I talked to Gary Paulsen!

While I was at the TIES technology conference on Monday I went to a session about the Iditorod.  During the session Gary Paulsen, my favorite author of all time, joined us via SKYPE.  He was at his home in New Mexico. Gary has written many books about his experiences as a musher, but retired from running major events in the late 1980's due to heart disease.  Much to my surprise and excitement his name was on the 2006 Iditarod roster.  He had a blog which told about his preparations.  And then, he scratched.  And nothing else was posted to his blog.  And I have wondered for 2 years what happened.  So,  during the live video session I asked Gary what happened.  His first question was, "How graphic do you want me to be?" and his next question was, "Are there any kids in the room?".  So, he told a group of teachers what happened.  It involved a fence, a deep cut and blood.  That's all I'm going to tell.

Article posted December 11, 2008 at 12:27 PM • comment (6) • Reads 35 • Return to Blog List

hi mrs. peddle

how are you doing I might be back tell the class that I said hi
Posted February 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM by • dreamah
that is so cool that you got to see gary paulsen. I whish I got to meet him have a good day acacia
Posted February 4, 2009 at 05:25 PM by • acacia
hi mrs.peddle that is so cool that you got to talk to gary paulsen
Posted January 26, 2009 at 04:39 PM by • acacia
This is so cool I love this unit. Are you having fun over the weekend. Im having a lot of fun at my dad's. I hope that we do this in fourth grade. this class is so cool. your freind acacia.
Posted December 29, 2008 at 05:28 PM by • acacia
mrs.peddle this is so cool i love this younit i hope you have fun over the weekend im haveing a lot of fun.at my dads house we do lots of cool stuff in are class. they are so cool i hope we do this in fourth grade. have a good day over the weekends. acacia.
Posted December 29, 2008 at 05:23 PM by • acacia
hi mrs.peddle that is so cool that you got to see gary paulsen. I bet you were happy. by.acacia xoxo have a good day.
Posted December 16, 2008 at 02:06 PM by • acacia

Class of 2016
Class of 2017
Class of 2018
Class of 2019
Class of 2020
Class of 2021

I am a 3rd grade teacher who is absolutely CRAZY about technology and what technology can do for kids.