Conditions of Use
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry Comprehension Questions
1. Mr. Morrison is a new character in the book and has come to the Logan’s home to help them out with some of the chores around the house. This is because Papa will be away a lot and the mother can’t do all the work herself. Mr. Morrison is tall, muscular but he had scars on his skin from fire. He also had deep lines on his face and gray hair. His eyes were clear.
2. The events that lead to the Berry’s house being burnt down was that the man who lived there was John Henry Berry and people have been disliking him ever since he came back from the war. One day when he was stopping for gas at a gas station when some white men came up o the car and said “That’s the n='http://* Sallie Ann said was flirtin’ with her.” And when they heard that they left. Then when they were back on the road they started ramming the back of the white men’s car and when they realized that they were running out of gas they went to their uncle’s house and the white men lit the house on fire.
3. Papa says that because there are a lot of bad kids there smoking and drinking and one day, they are going to get in a lot of trouble for doing that.
4. The Logan children use dried calf skins that stank when wet for rain coats because they couldn’t afford store bought rain coats.
5. After the bus incident, the children don’t speak to Jeremy because they are scared about what had happened. I don’t think it was right because the kids chose to dig the hole and Jeremy didn’t know it was going to happen.
6. The Logan’s got revenge on the bus by digging up big holes on the road and when the rain fell, it would fill them up with water so the bus would break down and the white kids would have to walk to and from school.
7. Mr. Avery comes to the house to warn the Logan family about the white men coming to do something bad, most likely to burn their house down. What he says means that the white men are coming and they are riding in their trucks.
8. Mr. Morrison’s real job at the house is to protect the family from the white men.
9. Cassie feels sick and paralyzed when she is caught outside and then relieved that it was only the dog that found her.
Chapter 4 Questions
1. Cassie doesn’t tell Big Ma or Mama about the bus incident because the kids all swore that they wouldn’t say anything to anyone about it.
2. The children do not know much about Mr. Morrison but Cassie saw him with a gun so they might think that he is dangerous to them. Stacey wants to know more about him.
3. The kids ended up at the Wallace store because Stacey was going there because T.J. was there and he wanted revenge so all the kids followed Stacey to the Wallace store.
4. The man Big Ma married bought the land from a man called Mr. Hollenbeck. He bought 200 acres of it. The people wanted to buy it back but Big Ma and her husband didn’t want to sell it back o them.
Article posted November 10, 2008 at 07:46 PM •
comment • Reads 92
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment
About the Blogger
Hey my name is Logan I am 12 years old and I created this blog. I go to Deer Park Public School in Toronto, Ontario. I love soccer and I my position is forward. My favourite soccer team is Arsenal FC which is based in London, England. They play in the Barclays English Premier League and their biggest rivals are Manchester United FC and also Chelsea FC. My birthday is April 30th. I have a mom, a dad, an older brother, and a younger sister. I have a PS3 and a Wii. My favourite game is Fifa 08 and I can’t wait until Fifa 09 comes out in Canada. My favourite foods are pizza, pasta, ribs, and every kind of soup. I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for three and a half years. I really like art and design and when I grow up I want to become a soccer player or an Interior Designer or a Photographer.
Latest 10 Comments: