Conditions of Use
20 Uses for Our Classroom Blog
Why did we create a classroom blog and how will we use it?
1. document our growth across the year
2. inform families of what we are doing
3. expand our audience
4. collaborate with other first grade bloggers
5. use another form of writing
6. learn about writing for an audience
7. learn about digital literacy
8. document favorite events of this year
9. integrate writing with other subjects
10. write book reviews
11. write journal entries
12. respond to class assignments
13. free choice writing
14. develop keyboard skills
15. communicate with each other
16. collaborate with reading buddies from other classrooms
17. collaborate with teachers from the university as blogging buddies
18.post pictures of our work
19. learn about visual literacy through the design of our pages
20. to have fun!
Article posted October 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM •
comment (6) • Reads 2997
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment
I have just shared this with teachers I work with. Thanks for a great list.
Comment Posted on December 6, 2008 at 09:52 AM by
Susan van Gelder
Great list made by great thinkers. May I steal some ideas because it looks like you have created all the good ones. What do you think of using a blog for poetry? You could post a poem and we could post a picture that illustrates what you have written?
Comment Posted on December 5, 2008 at 12:34 PM by
You've got a great start on your blog 1st graders. What a great way to share your learning with the world.
Comment Posted on November 19, 2008 at 05:15 PM by
What an awesome list. And what a great way to start.
Comment Posted on November 16, 2008 at 10:03 PM by
Thanks for checking out our blog! What a great idea to post the 20 uses for why we blog! I will have to borrow this idea.
Comment Posted on November 15, 2008 at 07:19 AM by
Great list of ideas! Do you have any ideas of another first grade class to work with?
Comment Posted on November 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM by
My Classes & Students
About the Blogger
Get a Voki now!
Latest 10 Comments: