Copyright (c) 2014 by CS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CS -- Blogmeister

Wild One-

by CS teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Grade 3A students would like to share the information that was provided by the New York Zoos and Aquarium website about their “wild self” animal characteristics. Each child designed his/her wild self and has taken that name as their Class Blogmeister user name. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Wild One1

Polar bear ears -It gets cold in the Arctic (down to 35°F below). For warmth, your polar bear ears are small and covered in fur—even on the inside. When diving, the ears close to keep cold water out.

Monarch butterfly compound eyes - Imagine wearing more than one pair of glasses. Your monarch butterfly compound eyes have hundreds of individual lenses called ommatidia. They help give you a wider range of vision.

Gibbon arms - Your Gibbon arms are designed especially for swinging in trees. With these arms you can jump distances of over 20 feet from branch to branch.

California condor legs - Your California condor talons are blunt, unlike eagles who have sharp talons. That's because condors are scavengers. They don't need hooked claws to catch their prey. They just eat someone else's leftovers.

Rodrigues bat wings - Your Rodrigues bat wings are very different from bird wings. Bird wings are made like human arm bones. But your bat wings are more like really long fingers. Creepy long fingers!

Spiny Tailed Iguana Tail - During the day your lizard lounge is a tree branch. But at night you can retreat into a hole in the tree bark and use your spiny tail to block the entrance. That's one serious home security system!
Article posted October 17, 2008 at 04:48 AM • comment (3) • Reads 43 • Return to Blog List

Cool pic, wild 1. I wish I had the same pic.
Posted November 4, 2008 at 06:32 AM by • Omar
I liked the scary, cool picture.
Posted November 4, 2008 at 06:29 AM by • Rashad
You're a scary looking wild one! I wish I had your compound eyes to keep you within a wider range of vision.
Posted October 17, 2008 at 07:53 AM by • ingrid