Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

Video Games

Bloggeranas

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by J

teacher: Mr. Rezac

It seems nowadays that video games are the thing that always makes parents and polititions want to cringe. For example, the wii zapper. In case you don't know what it is, it's a plastic shell the you put your wii remote for certain shooting games. Everyone's saying that it teaching kids how to use guns and kill each other. Here's my response: GET A CLUE!! It's not made for kids. Most of the games it uses are rated teen or mature. If you don't like it, just save the drama and don't buy it.It doesn't even feel like a real gun. There's no scope, no actual ammunition, and no recoil. And what about Nerf? Their guns are more like guns than the zapper, and it's suppose to be made for kids. Think about it.

There was a recent trailer for Konimi's Resident Evil 5, and everyone's reaction make's me wonder if people just find things to complain about. Apperently, people don't like the idea of a white guy killing zombies in Africa. Never has there been so much controversy over a video game trailer. Whether they're white, black, orange, purple, or blue, if you see a zombie, you kill it. For those who created this controversy, just shut up and leave Konomi alone!

Now you can't talk about video game controversy without talking about Jack Thompson. If you like video games chances are you've heard of this guy. Jack Thompson hates video games and thinks they're the cause of everything thats wrong with society. Forget the violence in TV, media, and music. It's all about video games. Jack, I think I speak for everyne in the video game industry when I say: don't you have anything to do other than being a self-promoting, attention wanting, video game hating old man? Why don't you stop with the video games and start focusing on the parents!

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 10:51 AM • comment • Reads 48 • see all articles

I simply love video games. If you are a hard core gamer like me, you should stick around. I'm going to talk about the wii and DS games I have.