Copyright (c) 2014 by S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
S -- Blogmeister

PLease Don't Stop the Music-

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by S teacher: Mr. Rezac

Music lessons improve children's brain development, and memory. Even when it sounds like a budding musician is banging out little more than noise, they are actually developing intellectual skills, a new Canadian study suggests.

Even when parents hear only what sounds like random notes or nonsense, it's likely their children are developing their brains in ways that could enhance their overall thinking. Music training could improve literacy, verbal memory, mathematics, and IQ.

A study found that particular changes in attentional systems of children who took music lessons, which affected their ability to pay attention to more important things around them.

"Many studies have shown the value of music education and many parents want it for their children", said Ingrid Whyte, executive director of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada. I hope that music continues to enrich children all over the world.

Website: [LINK]

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 09:20 AM • comment (1) • Reads 125 • Return to Blog List

hey i really love listening 2 music so so fun...what's your favorite kind? i like pop and rap and just a little bit of country and i love hearing people playing drums and guitar.
Posted October 10, 2008 at 01:17 PM by • masikur1

Music is a large part of my life, and I would love other people to share it.