Copyright (c) 2014 by Siobhan S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Siobhan S -- Blogmeister

Welcome to our fabulous year 5 class. We are working hard at improving our literacy and numeracy skills.

by Siobhan S teacher: Julie-Anne Muir

How The 2008 Mascots Became Friends.
Once upon a time, there was a panda named Jing-Jing who lived in a zoo. He wanted to meet the 4 Olympic Mascots. He would dream about them, draw pictures and eat the 2008 Olympic Soup and he had posters of them too.
One day there was a Parade. Jing-Jing was so excited! He ate his breakfast so quickly then he ran to the window. Just then a letter arrived. It said “There is going to be a new Mascot.” He had to go and be the 5th Mascot. The letter said “It is in Beijing’’.

He travelled so far to Beijing, but another panda wanted to be the mascot. His fur kept him warm on the way.

The Mascots were: A Fish, The Flame,A Tibetan Antelope and A swallow. The Mascots wanted a panda because they were black and white. Not knowing that he would become a Mascot Jing-Jing headed on to Beijing. Finally he got there. It was beautiful. The other 4 Mascots greeted him. Just then the other panda Bamboo came in and said ‘’Stop’’ ‘’I am the Mascot’’. ‘’No you are not’’. Shouted the other Mascots. ‘’He has got a picture of us and him’’. So they had a quiz.
How they would play is if they got 3 questions right they would win.
First question was “ What animal are we?’’ Jing-Jing said “ A Tibetan Antelope, A swallow, A Fish and A Flame. “ What colour are we?’’ Red, blue, green and yellow’’ Jing-Jing said. Third question was “ How many are there?’’ “Huh’’? Said Jing-Jing.
“Rings” said Huan-Huan the Flame. “Oh yes 5”. Said Jing-Jing. “Jing-Jing wins’’. Said Ying-Ying the Tibetan Antelope. “ You Lose Bamboo”. Bebi said. “ Goodbye Bamboo’’. Said The 5 Mascots. “ You win’’. Said Huan-Huan the flame. Just then it was time for the fifth Mascot to be seen.
When the Olympics were over Jing-Jing said “You are the best friends ever.”

The End
By Siobhan.
Article posted September 3, 2008 at 01:49 AM • comment (1) • Reads 63 • Return to Blog List

hi sister you did great ask your teacher to do a one of the things i did
Posted September 10, 2008 at 04:35 AM by • Samantha Smith