Copyright (c) 2014 by Maria Knee Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Maria Knee -- Blogmeister

The KinderKids' Blog

The 2012 KinderKids

We want to share our work with our families and the world.

by Maria Knee

Deerfield Community School
Room 4 Brightwater in NZ
Kool Kowhai - a class in New Zealan
Mrs. Blakely's Kindergarten
Counting to 100 wiki
Mrs. Laskowsky
Prep Gems in Australia
Parent Information
KinderKids Learning Page
Mrs. Cassidy's Class, Moose Jaw SK
Miss B's Kindergarten
Mrs B's Class, Squamish BC
Ms Hayes Class in New Zealand
SInging and Dancing Symbaloo
Australian Animal Wiki

We are studying different water enviroments. We learned about ponds, rivers and the estuary. We visited Odiorne State Park to learn more about the rocky shore. We researched many things about the rocky shore before the trip so we would know what to look for when we arrived.

We started at the white zone and moved down toward the black zone. Soon we found the tide pools because the low was out. We found lots of life in the tide pools. As the tide came in, so did we.

After a picnic lunch, we went inside the Science Center for more exploration. At the touch tank, we held sea stars. This was good because we couldn't find them out in the tide pools. We think it was too warm where we looked. We also saw other exhibits in the Center before going home.

Thanks to all our parents who helped with this trip. You're the BEST!

Article posted June 12, 2008 at 12:00 AM • comment (6) • Reads 124 • Return to Blog List

Hi Maria,

Looks like you had a great time at Odiorne Point.
Posted August 4, 2008 at 01:17 PM by • Susan MacMillan
Hi Kinder Kids! I'm a kindergarten teacher way out here in the hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona. Seeing all of you in the nice cool water made me want to be there! I love your wonderfully creative site. You have added to my inspiration to do this for my class. I'm scared, nervous and have a lot to learn but you have given me lots of ideas. I found your class blog through the 2mgems! I went all the way to Australia and back to you by computer! How fun is that!
Posted July 16, 2008 at 09:51 AM by • Mrs. Zent
Hello KinderKids,
Looks like you had great fun! I loved the sea weed hat. ;-) I recently saw the Lion Fish on the national news here in the U.S. They are causing big problems in the Atlantic Ocean. Have you heard about it?

Mrs. Blakely
Posted July 7, 2008 at 08:50 AM by • Mrs. Blakely
Hello KinderKids,

Mrs. Blakely
Posted July 7, 2008 at 08:49 AM by • Mrs. Blakely
I'm Melanie's friend from Jacksonville, Fl and we would love to enter into some type of relationship with your class! Love your blog! dayle
Posted July 2, 2008 at 04:31 PM by • dayle timmons
I like your pictures and information
Posted June 30, 2008 at 09:10 AM by • Mrs. Beck

The 2012 KinderKids

How Many Visitors? Locations of visitors to this page