Copyright (c) 2014 by Alfonso Gonzalez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alfonso Gonzalez -- Blogmeister

Chimacum's Science Blogs-

Mr. Gonzalez's Science Classes

by Alfonso Gonzalez

Huzzah
Blogs by the Sea
Mr. Miller's Class Blog
Making Waves in 6th Grade
Broadbent Blues

Thanks to the Wooden Boat Foundation and 7th grade teachers 7th grade students at Chimacum Middle School (and Blue Heron, too) get to learn all about boats and charting and knot-making and shantey singing. The awesome part though is that each team also gets to go out on the water three times and row the same type of boats that Vancouver used to explore this region! I know, it's so cool!

Here is a longboat with CMS 7th graders rowing:

Here are some 7th graders rowing up close:

And check out this video of the 7th graders in action (double click on the movie after you click on the following link to play it):

Article posted May 22, 2008 at 05:49 PM • comment (5) • Reads 76 • see all articles

Period 1
Period 2
Period 3

I started my teaching career in South Central Los Angeles teaching in modified to full bilingual 4th and 5th grade classes. Then I moved to WA State where I have taught mainly 6th through 8th grade. I have enjoyed the culture clash but notice that kids are the same everywhere :o)

My areas of interest are science and technology but I also love studying ancient cultures and learning about different peoples and cultures.

Mr. G's Other Blog

About Mr. G

Captain González
Captain Gonzalez