Copyright (c) 2014 by Julie Hooper Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Julie Hooper -- Blogmeister

“The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.”
― B.B. King

by Julie Hooper

Nation Ford High School Media Center

This is a great, short fun read. Tony, the narrator, is a twelve year old boy whose single mom is a stripper. She is a great mom and is very literate and funny. She pursues a career as an exotic dancer so she can support Tony and be home when he leaves for school and gets home. Tony is introduced to figure drawing in his art class, and tags along to the club to make drawings of the dancers. He is not allowed in the actual club, but he sketches the ladies in the dressing room, where he has been many times. The trouble starts when Tonys teacher enters his drawings in an art contest and someone reports Al, his mom, to social services. It is the stripper vs. the state, and Tony tells the story hilariously!
Article posted March 2, 2006 at 11:31 AM • comment • Reads 90 • Return to Blog List

Media Center Staff Reviews
Student Book Reviews

What are all those people doing in the NaFo Media Center in the morning????