Copyright (c) 2014 by Dale Witte Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dale Witte -- Blogmeister

Mr. Witte's Music Technology Blog-

Music Tech Lab, Rm. 155

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by Dale Witte

Winnebago Lutheran Academy
Bible
Composing My Thoughts
Ricci Adams' musictheory.net
Free manuscript paper
Audacity
The Orchestra: A User's Manual
Guitar Tuner
Guitar Chordbook
Guitar Chords Magic
Hand in Project Files Here
MIDI Hymn Project Evaluation Form
Wikispaces
Music Tech files
Cambridge Music Technology
Garageband '11 101: Core Garageband Video Tutorials
MIDI Demystified Video Tutorials
Core iMovie '11 Video Tutorial

Final Project Brainstorming
If you were asked to write a piece of music, what would it sound like? If you could write any kind of music what would it be? What kind of music inspires you? Who are you favorite artists? If you could sing like anyone, who would it be? If you could play an instrument like anyone, who would it be? What intrigued you about using GarageBand and Audacity to make music? How would you play with either program to make music?

Don't write what you think I want to hear. Listen to your heart. Listen to the music in your head––the music you hear when you are walking down the hallway, the music you hear when you are all alone, the music you hear when no one else is listening.

Write a blog entry and brainstorm answers to these questions, or make a list of pieces you want to write, or techniques you want to use, or artists you want to sound like, or composers you admire, or ideas for compositions you've had, or little things that just caught your fancy (bleu cheese?). I will not post them and make them live, but we will have the conversation together. I will not critique or ridicule any idea. All your musical ideas are valid.

THIS BLOG ENTRY IS DUE BY THE END OF CLASS TODAY! (Friday, May 2, 2008)

Article posted May 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM • comment • Reads 34 • see all articles

Block 3, Sem 1 13-14
Block 3, Sem 2 13-14
Block 8, Sem 1 13-14
Block 8, Sem 2 13-14

Dale Witte is the choir director and music technology teacher at Winnebago Lutheran Academy, Fond du Lac, WI. He has been teaching since January 1990 and really enjoys teaching students how God's gift of music works. Dale is also a church organist, piano player, violinist, and church music composer. Locations of visitors to this page