Sunny's DragonBlog Page-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Our whole class has just started a new book called the Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. It just like book group. Professor McGonagall has us put into 3 different groups. When your group is called, you talk about a chapter you read recently. Sometimes Pro. McG would read to us from the book. The book is really good. Here is the summery of the book from the back of the book.

Orphaned Kit Tyler knows, as she gazes for the first time at the cold, bleak shores of Connecticut Colony, that her new home will never be like the shimmering Caribbean islands she left behind. In her relative's stern Puritan community, she feels like a tropical bird that is now caged and lonely. The only place where Kit feels completely free is in the meadows, where she enjoys the company fo the old Quaker woman known as the Witch of Balckbird Pond, and on occasion, her young sailor friend Nat. But when Kit's friendship with the "witch" is discoverd, Kit is faced with suspicion, fear, and anger. She herslef is accused of withcraft!

It has lots of romance. ( So boys, be prepared if you are interested in reading this book.) Politics in the middle, and some history twisted in it. You would love this book!

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 02:23 PM • comment (5) • Reads 94 • Return to Blog List

I thought that your review of The Witch of Blackbird Pond was very well written and I enjoyed reading it. I like the way that you outlined the general plot without going into too much detail or revealing the ending. I thought that you told just enough to get your reader interested in the story without ruining the ending or the surprises in the details of the book. Your review really made me want to read the book. In some parts of your summary, I was a little lost but overall, it was a great review.
Posted April 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM by • Katie W.
Hey Sunny,

Hope your well!!
I would really love to go to Rome or maybe Canada!
I really love the snow so it would be great to go to Antarctica as well!!! And it probably sounds a bit weird but I would love to go to the moon!! It’s kind of a really weird dream but I think it would be just so cool, to go to the moon and be able to jump around with no gravity!

What do you love to do the most??? Like what are your interest and hobbies??
Do you play any sports??

Nice to hear from you!
Lilly
Posted May 21, 2008 at 12:49 AM by • Lilly
Hey Sunny!!

Your teacher is a lot like mine, she made us write about internet safety on our blog site and we looked at a program about internet safety and chat rooms, it was a bit boring but it was alright!

Right stuff about me well, I live in Victoria, Australia and I’m in year 9. I have 4 people in my family and 2 dogs and a cat!!!
I enjoy playing netball and I really want to be an author or a photographer when I grow up! I have lots of friends too!

The 13th of June sounds great, you’re lucky we don't finish until the 27th of June, which is so not fair!!

Great to hear back from you,
Lilly
Posted May 14, 2008 at 01:19 AM by • lilly
Hey Sunny,
Lilly here, I would love to be your blogging parter.
By the way, thanks, all my friends think I'm too nice! lol!
Great to here from you!
Posted May 11, 2008 at 10:57 PM by • Lilly
Great artical Sunny! I love this book dont you? If you were in Connecticut in this time would you be a patriot or a loyalist?
Posted May 8, 2008 at 02:17 PM by • Sabrina

I LOVE BLOGGING!