Copyright (c) 2014 by Maddison K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Maddison K -- Blogmeister

5th period Academic Biology

Thoughts and activities here in my Academic Biology, Science for Living and Science 9 classes in a small rural High School in the Weather Capital of the World (Punxsutawney, PA).

by Maddison K

teacher: Louise Maine

I watched commercials on Saturday morning for one hour. I found out that there are more commercials on in the morning than there are during the afternoon and at night. I noticed that there are a lot of music and special effects in the commercials to catch the children’s attention.
Advertisers use words like “best”, “hilarious”, and “fun” to convince the children to pay attention and to get the children to try to buy the product. The commercials are mostly short, but long enough to catch the viewer’s attention. Advertisers try to catch younger kid’s attention so the kids can convince their parents to buy the product. They do this because the kids will nag if they want something bad enough.

Here is the link to my wiki page..
[LINK]
Article posted March 17, 2008 at 01:04 PM • comment (6) • Reads 113 • Return to Blog List

Class Password: Students, please ask your teacher if you should use your name or a pseudonym.

Wow! I never realized that there is so much more behind a commericial than just a company trying to sell a product! Also, did you notice that a lot of commericials use bright colors so that they can hold your attention too?
Visit my blog and leave a comment! Our class password is herricks.
Posted December 9, 2010 at 09:07 AM by • Caitlin M
Wow! I never realized that there is so much more behind a commericial than just a company trying to sell a product! Also, did you notice that a lot of commericials use bright colors so that they can hgolkd your attention too?
Posted December 9, 2010 at 09:06 AM by • Caitlin M
Maddie, I know what you are going with this. I agree what you said about these commericals convincing kids to buy the products they see on there that they put words to catch the kid's attention. Good job!
Posted March 24, 2008 at 02:48 PM by • Devan P
Corban, to answer your question, yes i do think that that commercials geared towards kids are shorter because kids tend to get bored more easily by commercials.
Posted March 24, 2008 at 02:23 PM by • Maddison Kernich
Maddie, this was a good summary. I found it interesting that there were more commercials shown in the morning than the evening. You are also right about kids nagging their parents to buy them things. You also made a good point about the commercials being short to catch the viewer's attention. That is something I really hadn't thought about. Do you think that commercials geared towards kids are generally shorter because younger kids have shorter attention spans? Again, great job.
Posted March 23, 2008 at 01:42 PM by • Corban C
Pretty good article. I liked how you added that they use short commercials because as we all know children have short attention spans. Good thought about the kids nagging on their parents until they get the product.

Good Job.
-Austin
Posted March 20, 2008 at 11:17 AM by • Austin