Copyright (c) 2014 by Corban C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Corban C -- Blogmeister

5th period Academic Biology

Thoughts and activities here in my Academic Biology, Science for Living and Science 9 classes in a small rural High School in the Weather Capital of the World (Punxsutawney, PA).

by Corban C

teacher: Louise Maine

Commercial Consumer Awerness
Many companies use effects, sounds, or wording to sell their products. As observed, dynamic words, catchy music, or even exciting voices to make their product interesting. With the right wording or attention-catching affects, even the most unnecessary products seem desirable. Commercials on cartoon channels are mainly geared toward kids because advertisers know that they will be able to convince a younger audience more quickly than an older one. This is why words like “amazing”, “cool”, and “fun” are used to grab young audiences. With these affects and dynamic announcers and music, parents are purchasing the foods that they would not normally allow their kids to have. This mostly happens because kids are being convinced by the commercials, so they convince their parents to purchase those products that are made to look “amazing” and “cool”.

Here is a link to my wiki page:
http://mrsmaineswiki.wikispaces.com/CorbanC
Article posted March 10, 2008 at 01:09 PM • comment (14) • Reads 83 • Return to Blog List

Class Password: Students, please ask your teacher if you should use your name or a pseudonym.

hey great job!
commercial producers always aim commercials to kids because they always "need" a new toy everyday and the catchiest commercial almost always gets the child's attention.
great job!
Posted March 25, 2008 at 10:09 AM by • Amy H
corban,
well, i'm gonna have to agree with everyone else about how advertisers try to convince children into buying their products. you did an excellent job.
Posted March 24, 2008 at 02:38 PM by • Maddison Kernich
corban,
Corban, very well written. Excellent writing form. I liked how you explained how the companies lured the viewers in. You are completely right about the dynamic announcers and music influencing the buyers.

Good job!

-Austin
Posted March 20, 2008 at 11:29 AM by • Austin
Good job Corban. It is so true that half the things that they are trying to sell are unnecessary, and that is why they use the cool words.
Posted March 16, 2008 at 05:31 PM by • Shayna Lyle
This was really good Corban. Your post was very accurate. I didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
Posted March 14, 2008 at 11:27 AM by • Lucas B
Good job! I really liked how you talked about kids being convinced more easily and then convincing their parents. Very nice.
Posted March 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM by • Megan McCully
Corban, i agree with what Danielle said about you hitting the nail on the head. I believe this is exactly what we were supposed to find for this assignment.
Posted March 14, 2008 at 11:21 AM by • Mason
I agree about the younger audience being easier to convince, I have three sisters and they are always wanting something they saw on tv. Great Job Corban!
Posted March 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM by • Kaitlyn N
I agree. Those commercials are generally geared into kids so that way they can buy these products. Every kid who watches these are so convinced into these that they want the product but don't need it.
Posted March 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM by • Devan P
Posted March 14, 2008 at 11:18 AM by • Kaitlyn N
Posted March 14, 2008 at 11:17 AM by • Devan P
Wow. Corban. I think you hit the nail on the head. I like how you stated that kids want to purchase these products because it will the products are "cool" or "amazing", because that is the absolute truth. The products that are trying to be sold are sometimes unnecessary to have but the advertisements make the products seem like you have to have them. You did a great job explaining this. =]
Posted March 10, 2008 at 06:21 PM by • Danielle K
Wow. Corban. I think you hit the nail on the head. I like how you stated that kids want to purchase these products because it will the products are "cool" or "amazing", because that is the absolute truth. The products that are trying to be sold are sometimes unnessicary to have
Posted March 10, 2008 at 06:18 PM by • DanielleK