Conditions of Use
Rami's Iditarod Assignment #3
1.What direction is Nome from Anchorage "as the crow flies?" ("As the crow flies" is an expression that means in a straight line from point to point.)
2. The journey from Takotna to Cripple will take you through what checkpoint?
3. The journey from Kaltag to Unalakleet will take you in which direction?
4. Although the journey from Anchorage to Nome is mostly northwest, there are some parts of the trail that will take a musher northeast. Between which checkpoints on the trail will the mushers head northeast?
Ophir, Cripple, and Ruby
5. As you check in at Skwenta, Mt. McKinley is about 50 miles due north of where you are. You then travel the 45 miles to Finger Lake. As you check in at Finger Lake, Mt. McKinley will be in which direction?
6. According to the map, which checkpoint is farthest east?
7. Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be the farthest from each other?
Kaltag and Unalakaleet
8. Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be closest to each other?
Eagle River and Anchorage.
Something to think about: How could a compass and a map save a life in the Alaskan wilderness?
It save a life because when you know where you are using the map then you need to know where to go, after you decide to leave to (for example,) Unalakaleet, and you’r at Kaltag you need to know which way to go using the oompass.
Article posted February 18, 2008 at 06:46 AM •
comment (1) • Reads 571
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment
Hi Rami, how was your break? Feel like blogging about it? I'd love to read about it.
Comment Posted on March 29, 2008 at 03:35 AM by
Latest 10 Comments: