Conditions of Use
Someone posted a request on the Class Blogmeister list yesterday, asking for readers to come and comment on her students' bloggings. It's a common request. It's one of the reasons that you blog, to engage in conversation.
I frequently go in, read, and comment, but not nearly as much as I should, considering that one reason for building Class Blogmeister was that I could learn from teachers and students, some interesting ways that this conversation might be used to learn. Alas, there's only 24 hours....
It occurred to me, this morning, while I should have been sleeping, that a logical audience for students blog writings might be last year's 4th graders. If a 4th grade class blogging teacher could arrange for a 5th grade class to periodically read and comment on her students' writings, it could be a unique learning experience for both classes.
- Students' blogs are being read regularly (or at least predictably) and responded to.
- The blogs are being read by students who, if they hadn't written on the subject the previous year, at least they have considered it before.
- Students are reading the reactions of readers who have the benefit of one (or two or three) year's maturity.
- Students are reading the reactions of readers who are considering the same topic with slightly more depth and sophistication. Slightly is good!
- The upperclassmen are revisiting topics that were covered the previous year(s) from slightly more maturity and sophistication.
Just an idea, from the change in my pocket!
Article posted January 27, 2006 at 03:22 AM •
comment • Reads 1895
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment
My Classes & Students
Latest 10 Comments: