Conditions of Use
Son of Blogmeister
I have spent much of the holiday cleaning up the code for Class Blogmeister. My intent is to make the code easier to work with, without causing technical glitches as a result. I did not have time to do many of the enhancements that I'd hoped to. That will have to come with a more major upgrade. There are some cosmetic enhancements -- you know, that hair cut that doesn't look like you've had a hair cut.
There are some minor changes though.
- The drop down menu on the opening page that lists states and countries and then teacher names, works much better now.
- The drop down menu that lists school levels also works better. You can now select the appropriate school levels of your school by logging in and going to your control panel. Students do not have access to this.
- I've redone the templates, but not changed them in any significant way. They may look cleaner, but that's only opinion. You can, however, change the font size of your blogs. Just login and select the "Articles" tab. To the right of the text window, just above the scrolling textbox where you type your articles are three copies of the letter "A". They come in three sizes. Click the larger size to make the text of your blogs larger. The system will remember your size.
- While we're at it, you've probably already realized that the control panel, articles, and class panel tabs popout a small window. The main reason for this is to decrease the number of processes taking place each time you make a change.
- You'll notice that the class panel is a little different, but not significantly so. I think that it will be self explanatory. Again, the goal was to decrease processes.
- Finally, when viewing your blog, there is now a black bar at the top and bottom of the blog page. From either bar, you can click to login or click back to the Class Blogmeister home page. Once logged in, you can use these bars to logout, or switch back into edit mode.
When this change takes place, which could be today, I will have a URL that you can go to to access the old version, just in case there is a problem here that I can't fix right away. I do not yet know what the URL will be, but when I have it, I'll e-mail it to the mailing list and update this blog with that information.
Article posted January 3, 2006 at 09:41 AM •
comment • Reads 2140
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment
My Classes & Students
Latest 10 Comments: