Copyright (c) 2014 by Dale Witte Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dale Witte -- Blogmeister

Mr. Witte's Music Technology Blog-

Music Tech Lab, Rm. 155

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by Dale Witte

Winnebago Lutheran Academy
Bible
Composing My Thoughts
Ricci Adams' musictheory.net
Free manuscript paper
Audacity
The Orchestra: A User's Manual
Guitar Tuner
Guitar Chordbook
Guitar Chords Magic
Hand in Project Files Here
MIDI Hymn Project Evaluation Form
Wikispaces
Music Tech files
Cambridge Music Technology
Garageband '11 101: Core Garageband Video Tutorials
MIDI Demystified Video Tutorials
Core iMovie '11 Video Tutorial

But before you leave, make sure you have done the following:
    1. Export your final blues project to iTunes, make and mp3 file of it, and drop it in my dropbox.
    2. Blog about your final blues project. Tell me (and the rest of the world) what to listen for and why you did what you did (whether following my guidelines or getting creative).
    3. Take home your October 2007 issue of [LINK]InTune Monthly magazine and finish reading it. Watch this blog for a reading guide and questions about the articles.
    4. Think about other things you would like to learn about in Music Tech class. After the break I plan on teaching a MIDI project, showing you how to make an accompaniment CD for a choir, singer, or instrumentalist in your school or home congregation. But if there are other digital music topics you'd like to learn more about (like Gary & Ryan's interest in Antares Auto Tune), just drop me a line!

Happy Quarter Break!

Article posted October 24, 2007 at 10:43 AM • comment (3) • Reads 73 • see all articles

Block 3, Sem 1 13-14
Block 3, Sem 2 13-14
Block 8, Sem 1 13-14
Block 8, Sem 2 13-14

Dale Witte is the choir director and music technology teacher at Winnebago Lutheran Academy, Fond du Lac, WI. He has been teaching since January 1990 and really enjoys teaching students how God's gift of music works. Dale is also a church organist, piano player, violinist, and church music composer. Locations of visitors to this page