Copyright (c) 2014 by Dale Witte Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dale Witte -- Blogmeister

Mr. Witte's Music Technology Blog-

Music Tech Lab, Rm. 155

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by Dale Witte

Winnebago Lutheran Academy
Bible
Composing My Thoughts
Ricci Adams' musictheory.net
Free manuscript paper
Audacity
The Orchestra: A User's Manual
Guitar Tuner
Guitar Chordbook
Guitar Chords Magic
Hand in Project Files Here
MIDI Hymn Project Evaluation Form
Wikispaces
Music Tech files
Cambridge Music Technology
Garageband '11 101: Core Garageband Video Tutorials
MIDI Demystified Video Tutorials
Core iMovie '11 Video Tutorial

Every Saturday morning I like to listen to the Kim Komando radio show on KFIZ 1450 AM, Fond du Lac, WI. Even though I am a Mac addict, I like to hear what is going on in the digital world on the PC side (I know, the "dark side"!) and frequently pick up tips that I never knew.

Today, I got an email from the Kim Komando show (copied below) which listed their cool site of the day, but this is more urgent than cool. Kim's Cool Site of the Day is Amazon's Mechanical Turk. I had never heard of it before, but quickly realized its importance in helping find this veteran aviation adventurer. If you have the time and the ability, you might help either save his life, or help his family find him and his plane wreckage.

Email from Kim Komando:

If you read the news, you know about the search for Steve Fossett. The adventurer and his aircraft disappeared about two weeks ago.

Fossett did not file a flight plan. So rescuers are unsure where to look for him. But he is believed to be in southwestern Nevada.

Fossett’s friends and family are asking for your help. No, they don’t need you to fly to Nevada for a ground search.

Rather, they’re asking that you help review satellite images. Google has gathered recent images. Hopefully, Fossett’s plane will appear in one.

To get involved, visit Amazon’s Mechanical Turk site. It will present you with images to review. If you see something, simply flag the image and leave a comment.

You’ll need to register in order to help out.

Help Find Steve Fossett

Article posted September 14, 2007 at 04:28 PM • comment • Reads 76 • see all articles

Block 3, Sem 1 13-14
Block 3, Sem 2 13-14
Block 8, Sem 1 13-14
Block 8, Sem 2 13-14

Dale Witte is the choir director and music technology teacher at Winnebago Lutheran Academy, Fond du Lac, WI. He has been teaching since January 1990 and really enjoys teaching students how God's gift of music works. Dale is also a church organist, piano player, violinist, and church music composer. Locations of visitors to this page