Copyright (c) 2014 by Dale Witte Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dale Witte -- Blogmeister

Mr. Witte's Music Technology Blog-

Music Tech Lab, Rm. 155

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by Dale Witte

Winnebago Lutheran Academy
Bible
Composing My Thoughts
Ricci Adams' musictheory.net
Free manuscript paper
Audacity
The Orchestra: A User's Manual
Guitar Tuner
Guitar Chordbook
Guitar Chords Magic
Hand in Project Files Here
MIDI Hymn Project Evaluation Form
Wikispaces
Music Tech files
Cambridge Music Technology
Garageband '11 101: Core Garageband Video Tutorials
MIDI Demystified Video Tutorials
Core iMovie '11 Video Tutorial

[LINK]>

About the Contest

The John Lennon Songwriting Contest is an international songwriting contest that began in 1997. The Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters who submit entries in any one of 12 categories. The JLSC is open year-round and features two Sessions -- with 72 Finalists, 24 Grand Prize Winners, 12 Lennon Award Winners and 1 Maxell Song of the Year.

You don't need a professional recording. Entries will be judged on originality, melody, composition, and lyrics (when applicable). Your songs may be entered in any of the following categories: Rock, Country, Jazz, Pop, World, Rhythm & Blues, Hip Hop, Gospel/Inspirational, Latin, Electronic, Folk, and Children's. Instrumental compositions are encouraged.

D12, Al Jarreau, Bob Weir, Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, Jesse Harris, Teairra Mari, The Black Eyed Peas, The Bacon Brothers, Ken Komisar, The Veronicas and John Legend are some of the members on our Executive Committee of Judges.
[LINK]>MEET THE JUDGES

Winners will receive EMI Publishing Contracts, Studio Equipment from, Roland, Edirol by Roland, Audio-Technica, Propellerhead, Ableton and Sibelius, plus 1,000 CDs in full color with premium 6-panel Digipaks courtesy of Disc Makers, an Apple iPod Shuffle and gift certificates from Musiciansfriend.com. One entrant will be chosen to TOUR and PERFORM for one week on Warped Tour '08. One (1) Lennon Award winning song will receive an Apple Power Mac G5, Cinema Display, Logic Pro software, and $20,000 for the "Song of the Year" courtesy of Maxell.

Click [LINK]>HERE for a complete list of PRIZES.

Each entry requires the following elements:
One song five (5) minutes or less (mp3, CD or cassette)
A lyric sheet -- no lyrics necessary for instrumental compositions
A payment -- $30.00 per song
A completed application
Read the Rules & Regulations carefully before entering.

[LINK]>2007 Rules & Regulations

Article posted May 22, 2007 at 10:21 AM • comment • Reads 107 • see all articles

Block 3, Sem 1 13-14
Block 3, Sem 2 13-14
Block 8, Sem 1 13-14
Block 8, Sem 2 13-14

Dale Witte is the choir director and music technology teacher at Winnebago Lutheran Academy, Fond du Lac, WI. He has been teaching since January 1990 and really enjoys teaching students how God's gift of music works. Dale is also a church organist, piano player, violinist, and church music composer. Locations of visitors to this page