Demonstrate your knowledge of editing audio using Audacity by writing a blog about your Dance Project 2.
Internet browser (Safari, IE, Firefox, etc.)
Website needed: Mr. Witte's Music Tech Blog
- Block 3: Friday, Feb. 2, 2007
- Block 8: Monday, Feb. 5, 2007
Think back to Dance Projects 1 & 2—Think about what new audio editing techniques you learned. Think about what thoughts went through your head as you were learning them. Think about what tips and tricks you figured out on your own. Think about what personal goals you gave yourself for Dance Project 2. Think about what you’d do differently next time. Think about what problems you had to overcome (and did!). Think about how you’d teach someone else to do the same thing.
Write about everything
you learned, from counting beats to saving to my drop box. The more you write, the more I’ll know what you learned. The less you write, the less I will have to base my impression of your knowledge.
Use some version of the following words: Audacity, Editing Audio, or Dance Project 2--make it catchy and interesting!
I’ll be looking for the following topics in your blog:
- A description of the whole process used to import, cut/split, edit, apply effects, and save your project using Audacity and iTunes.
- A description of problems you encountered while working with audio files and how you overcame those problems (this could be as simple as how to import audio into Audacity or as complex as counting beats and aligning two or more different tracks into one smooth song)
- Your evaluation of Dance Projects 1 & 2. I wanted you to know how to manipulate audio so you could help the WLA Dance Team, Cheerleaders, and your own classmate prepare music for this year’s Homecoming. Are you prepared? Can you do it? Is there something else you need to know (like how to burn your project to a CD) or could you cut audio now without any help?