Copyright (c) 2014 by Lindsay Stuart Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Lindsay Stuart -- Blogmeister

-

Ms. S's Kinders

A room full of wonder, learning and community.

by Lindsay Stuart

No Links added yet!

Oops....

I forgot to send home an important note today. Please read below.

Dear Kindergarten Families,

For the next few weeks in Kindergarten, we are going to be discovering how each of us is “Unique”! Throughout this unit, students will be exposed to differences and similarities with a focus on individual identity. The aim of the unit is to aid in the development of a positive sense of self, recognition of diverse identities and developing the ability to empathize with others. Emphasis will be placed on the need for students to value their own personalities, thoughts, feelings, abilities and cultural heritage and the need to value others similarly. Students will explore the similarities and differences within the classroom community.

We will be focussing on our names for the first few lessons of the unit. Could you please discuss with your child at home, the meaning and reasoning behind his/her particular name. I would appreciate it if you fill in the form below so I am able to help your child explain his/her name to the rest of the class.

Thanks for all your support during these first few weeks of school.

Sincerely,

Ms. S. and Miss W.

1)      Why was my name chosen especially for me?

2)      What does my name mean?

Article posted September 21, 2012 at 05:41 PM • comment • Reads 110 • see all articles