Copyright (c) 2014 by Mark Ahlness Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mark Ahlness -- Blogmeister

Mighty Writers 2011-12
-

From the third graders in room 12 at Arbor Heights Elementary

by Mark Ahlness

Arbor Heights School
2005-06 roomtwelve.com
Edinger House, NYC
Mr. Crosby's 4th grade, Nevada
Mr. Brune's 5th Graders, NY
Write on! 5th grade, MN
Mr. Noon's 6th grade, AK
Mrs. Cassidy's 1st Grade, Canada
Classroom info on our school wiki
Top Dog Blog
Mrs. Kenyon's 3rd graders, IL
Humphreys Elem. 3rd graders - CA
Mr. Gonzalez' 5th grade - Seattle
Mrs. Ruffing, grades 3-8, PA
Mr. A's blog
Hummingbird cam!
Solar System For Kids
Youth Group Games

The End of Our Blog
Well, we are finally nearing the end of the school year out here in Seattle. The last day of school is June 22nd. The students at roomtwelve.com know their blogging will end here, too. But it will be different this time, because I am retiring from teaching at the end of the school year.

In the past, students have been able to blog from home over the summer, or even continue from another classroom, with parent permission. But because I will no longer be an employee of the school district, I must close down the blog.

But wait! It's not going away!!

It will stay right here, with the thousands of articles written by the third graders in Room twelve. There just won't be any new writing going up.

One thing I will keep active over the summer though, is commenting. Visitors can leave comments on any student or teacher writing until September 1, 2012.

Many, many thanks to Mr. David Warlick, who designed and maintains classblogmeister for thousands of bloggers! Teachers and students are grateful and forever in your debt, David!

If you'd like to read what some of the current blogging class has to say about having a blog here, click on the picture below, where the kids were tallying up the total blog articles they have posted as a group this year:
411

Mark Ahlness

Article posted June 14, 2012 at 01:00 PM • comment • Reads 152 • see all articles

Room Twelve
Room Twelve Alumni

I am Mark Ahlness, the teacher in Room Twelve. Email: mahlness@halcyon.com

Subscribe to roomtwelve.com:

qrcode