♥ Hailey's Blog ♥ ☮-

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by teacher: Brian McLaughlin

Angry Birds Success

What Is So Addictive About Angry Birds?

In 2009, the Rovio company released Angry Birds to the world. In the game, players singshot birds across the screen to take down the cartoon pigs that stole their eggs. The success of the addictive and popular game does not stop there.  Rovio has marketed Angry Birds to cookbooks, theme parks, clothing appearal, toys, soda brands, and now a upcoming television show based on the birds and the pigs themselves. The app as been downloaded one billion times and 30% of the company's revenue comes from other items based on the game. Last year, Rovio reported an earning of $106 million from Angry Birds. However, the company believes Rovio has exhausted nearly all its options for marketing; therefore, Rovio's team of designers are working to create new games that can follow the franchise hit of Angry Birds.

Sutter, J. (2012, June 5). What's so addictive about 'Angry Birds'? Retrieved from http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/03/tech/gaming-gadgets/angry-birds-question-answer/index.html

Article posted June 6, 2012 at 06:58 PM • comment • Reads 33 • see all articles

"Everyone smiles in the same language." Hailey's Interests: ☮Running ☮Pasta ☮Turtles ☮Laughing