Lois's Blog-

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by teacher: Brian McLaughlin

Beginning yesterday, Google has been issuing a warning to everyone who has a Gmail account or uses the Chrome browser. The warning will appear on the top of the page in a red bar and read "Warning: We believe state-sponsored attackers may be attempting to compromise your account or computer." They haven't gone into details about it, as it may be helpful to the so called 'bad actors'. It is believed to be a malicious spyware called the Flame virus.

This is interesting to me, and a little bit frightening at the same time, because I have a Google account that I use quite frequently, actually. Also, on some occasions I use the Google Chrome browser.. Its nice to know when you are at risk sometimes, just to be safe. You never know what goes on with the information you put online, and this situation is a prime example of that.

Perlroth, N. (2012, June 5). Google issues new warning for state-sponsored attacks. The New York Times. Retrieved from [LINK]

Article posted June 6, 2012 at 04:17 PM • comment • Reads 41 • see all articles

Um hi