teacher: Melanie Transue

O Romeo. Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Im prett sure you have heard those lines one or twice in your life. Those are one of the famous quotes from Romeo and Juliet. The song I pick the depicts Romeo and Juliet is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. The lyrics in the song are, "We were both young when I first saw you." At the time both Romeo and Juliet were about 14 or 15 years old. The song is for the most part accurate because in the song they have lyrics like, "see the party, the ball gowns." They both meet at the Capulets party. "And my daddy said stay away from Juliet" The Montagues and Capulets hate each other. "I got tired of waiting wondering if you were ever coming around." Therefore I think the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift represents Romeo and Juliet because there are a lot of similar comparisons through out the song.

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 12:54 PM • comment (1) • Reads 162 • Return to Blog List

You did a very nice job with the song and the connection. The stay away from Juliet part was cool because i haven't seen that connection yet. well done.
Posted May 28, 2012 at 05:11 PM by • Brett W