Sophia's Blog

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Dolly Madison
In my blog today I am going to be talking about Dolly Madison. I picked Dolly Madison for my blog. Dolly Madison was born on May 20, 1768 in Guilford County, North Carolina. Her dad was John Payne and her mom was Mary Coles Payne. She had 4 brothers and 3 sisters.

Before she was married she worked in her dad’s starch farm. The first time she got married was to John Todd, he was a lawyer. Then he died on October 14, 1793. Dolly remarried to James Madison on September 15, 1794. She became the First Lady in March 4, 1809 - March 3, 1817. She was 40 years old when she finished being the First lady.

As the First Lady, she thought of it being a big project. She did fundraisers and she also found a Washington D.C. orphanage for girls. She helped her husband with organizing and preparing for public release of the papers he used in drafting the U.S. Constitution. She was a big help to a lot of people in the world!

I chose Dolly Madison because I thought she was cool in the book and she was cool in real life! Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you learned a little bit of who Dolly Madison is!

Hi my name is Sophia. I am 11 years old. My friends names are Chante, Kayla, Julia, Rudi and Ashley. I have one sister, Alena, one mom and dad. I also have two dogs and one fish!