Copyright (c) 2014 by Shon K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Shon K -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Shon K

teacher: Melanie Transue

Freewrit May
People think the worst and meanest dogs are the pit bulls. Pit bulls are not mean dogs they are just misunderstood. One reason they seem mean is because drug dealers use them as protection. They also use them as fighting dogs to make extra money. Some people may think pit bulls would be bad to be around children but they really are good dogs. The pit bull is also known as a Stafford terrier or also known as the nanny dog because they are good with children. The reason they are called pit bulls is because they were used in illegal dog fight in a pit or also known as a ring.
On the news a year ago was a football player known as Michael Vick has been charged with 30 counts of animal cruelty and illegal dog fighting. More than half of them dogs are rehabilitated and they are now helping the elderly and they are also used as police dogs. The pit bull is actually a nice dog they were just mistreated and raised the wrong way. People say that the pit bull can lock its jaw but it really doesn’t it is the way the structure of their jaw is constructed. Pit bulls are a great companion they are greatly misunderstood. One reason they are great companions is because they will obey all commands. They are such great companions that even police are now using them as k9 dogs.
They are misunderstood because they have been mistreated so they attack because they were raised inappropriately. Another reason pit bulls are misunderstood is because television they are seen with gang members. Pit bulls are seen in dog fights because they are one of the toughest dogs. One fact known about pit bulls are they were actually used in wars. The pit bull is made of two different dogs and was originated in England.
Article posted May 17, 2012 at 03:02 PM • comment (1) • Reads 189 • Return to Blog List

I liked your blog about pit bulls. I agree that you should not judge the dog you should judge the owner.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 06:33 AM by • Richard