teacher: Melanie Transue

SUMMER!!<3
May Freewrite

It's almost here!! Summer is almost here, there is less than two weeks of school left. Right about now everybody is getting pumped up for Summer and nobody feels like being in school right now. All that you have on your mind is the summer....going swimming, hanging out with friends, going on vacation, sleeping in and enjoying the beautiful weather. Who would actually feel like being in school when all they can think about is that?!

I know that one of the things I can't stop thinking about right now is hanging out with friends. I love when you can just stay up all night going night swimming, camping out, dancing, and acting like complete weirdos. When you hang out with friends during the weekend you're having fun, but you're dreading that you still have to go back to school in a couple of days. During the summer though you know that school won't happen for a couple of months.

Another thing that I love about summer is going on vacation. My family goes to North Carolina, Outer Banks every other year or sometimes every year. This year we are going and I'm so excited to just enjoy the ocean, beach volleyball, long bikerides, swimming, crazy card games and everything else that we do. I also love hanging out with all of my family. Hanging out with my family isn't such a bad thing because we know how to actually have fun. Sometimes when people go to the beach they just sit on the sand and do nothing, but we're not like that. Also knowing that you don't have school coming up quickly, it makes it all the better to just be able to relax and not be stressed out.

The summer always has the best weather, that is why I love it so much. It's usually always sunny and hot which makes it the best season of all. During the school year, you always look forward to the summer because when you're in school you know that it could be really nice out, but you're stuck in school and not enjoying the fresh air. When the day hits when you can actually be out of school I always want to be outside and you should take advantage of the summer because when it's over you are stuck back into a class room for the next one hundred eighty school days.

Hanging out with friends, going on vacation, and the beautiful weather are onnly parts of why the Summer is so great. When we get out of school, go outside and enjoy the nice summer days because the summer is only so long.
Article posted May 16, 2012 at 07:50 AM • comment (9) • Reads 33 • Return to Blog List

Sigh, I really can't wait for this week to be over. Though the school year went by way to fast.
Posted May 27, 2012 at 08:23 PM by • Keeley C
I can't wait for summer either! I can't wait for our crazy summer hangouts!
Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:35 PM by • montana cole
Hey Lauren,
I love summer too! I can't wait to hang out with friends and go caming too!
Posted May 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM by • Makala M
Lauren, I am so jelous that you go to the Carolina's I wish I could go with you:) haha
Posted May 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM by • Celia D
I agree summer is almost here and it will be great so far the weather has been great.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:40 AM by • Travis T
The weather is GORGEOUS. I agree with you. And as far as blogs about summer time go, this is a good one. (:
Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:59 AM by • Haley S
I also can't stop thinking of summer either. I also love summer too!
Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:54 AM by • Makenna E
Lauren I can't wait for summer eather! I agree with you about the fact that summer always has the best weather. Who knows maybe this might be the best summer yet.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:44 AM by • Justine W
I cannot stop thinking about summer either. I also agree that it has the best weather!
Posted May 17, 2012 at 04:27 PM by • Jessica A