Grace

In inquiry 6.1 I learned that different surface types require different forces of friction. For example it takes less friction force to pull a block on waxpaper than on sandpaper.
In inquiry 6.2 I learned that the more weight an object has the more friction force it takes to pull it. For example 1 block of wood will be easier to pull than 2 blocks of wood,
In inquiry 6.3 I learned that different surface areas will take different force of friction. For example a short narrow side is harder to pull than a wide long side.
We measured sliding friction by pulling a block with a spring scale. We used the spring scale to calculate how much friction force it took.
I learned that when constructing an experiment you must only have one manipulated variable and one measured variable. All the other variables are controlled. Otherwise the results of your experiment may vary. For example in our experiment of different surface areas the conrolled variables were the pull distance, the speed, slope, and suface type.