I learned that without friction when we tried to stop after walking, running, driving, etc. you would just keep sliding until you hit something.
I learned that friction is very helpful with everyday tasks. There would be lots of car crashes and people getting hurt without friction.
1. We measured friction with a 2.5 Spring Scale and a 10.0 spring scale. We pulled wooden blocks across different surfaces types to see how friction would change on each surface type.
2. Then we pulled more then one block across different surface types to see if the friction would change.
3. Last, When changed what side we would pull the block across the surface types to see if the friction would go up or go down.

The spring scale was measuring friction force because the force is pulling the opposite way that you're pulling.