Copyright (c) 2014 by Alfonso Gonzalez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alfonso Gonzalez -- Blogmeister

Chimacum's Science Blogs-

Mr. Gonzalez's Science Classes

by Alfonso Gonzalez

Smith's Class Blog
A Look at Books
Mrs. McGriff's Reading Blog
Chemistry Blogs!
LMS Theodocion
Harbor 8

The Force of Friction

1. I learned that when you pull one surface on or through another surface you cause friction to pull the opposite way so it slows down and will eventually stop.

6.1 I also learned that if the weight is greater it increases the friction

6.2 If the surface is smaller it also increases the friction

6.3 some objects or surfaces increse or decrease the frictions pull.

2. We measured sliding friction by pulling a block along by a spring scale which measures friction because friction pulls backwards and so, if the block is harder to pull, that much friction that is making it harder, so that is how we measured it.

3. we controlled variables by changing one thing, such as the weight, and then kept all the other things the same, slope, times, length of pull, surface area, surface type, etc.

6th gr - Per 3
6th gr - Per 5