Room 6 is a Year 5 school at Lynmore School.

teacher: Vanessa Locke

John George Walker
Family
John Walker is a famous New Zealander runner. He was born in 1952 in Papakura. For a while he lived on sheep farm on the south of Auckland.
School Life
John Walker loved Athletics at school and he wanted to become the class champion. He won the big cross country. Throughout school he enjoyed sports and all outdoor activities.
Olympics
John Walker won a lot of gold medals. He was in a lot of running races. He won the 1000 metres. John Walker was offered $200 000 to become professional. He refused because he wanted to keep his amateur status as Olympics world champion holder.
Career
John Walker’s career is running in championships, like running at the pacific conference games in Canada, Columbia and Britain in 1973. He ran one mile in under 4 minutes, a great achievement that only a few people have passed.

By Bella Kidd

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 03:51 AM • comment (3) • Reads 58 • Return to Blog List

Awesome work on your information report keep it up!
Posted June 12, 2012 at 05:13 PM by • amy mitchell
Good effort in your great story you wrote on John George Walker....
Posted June 12, 2012 at 05:08 PM by • paigevanleeuwen
WOW!!! Bella I love all your diffrent headings and I think you did a great job!!!
Posted June 12, 2012 at 04:23 PM by • Jaime Lyle