Copyright (c) 2014 by Timothy C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Timothy C -- Blogmeister

-

by Timothy C teacher: Melanie Transue

Tim C

Sing It Out

Most people have heard of Romeo and Juliet. The first time I heard about it was last year. Most people have heard about it when they were younger. The song, “Love Story” by Taylor Swift is extremely similar to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet; in some ways, but different in others.

In both the story and the song, Romeo and Juliet are teenagers. Taylor Swift’s song says, “We were both young when I first saw you.” This is an accurate allusion to Shakespeare’s story, Romeo and Juliet.

The second similarity is that Romeo and Juliet are on a balcony. The lyrics are, “On a balcony in summer air.” So far, I think that Taylor Swift read Romeo and Juliet when she was making this song.

The third similarity in the Taylor Swift song is that they are at a masquerade party just like the Capulet’s party. The lyrics are, “See the party, the ball gowns.” Both the song and play have similarities because of the masquerade party.

The major difference between the play and the song is that the endings are different. In Taylor Swift’s song the ending is good. Her song says that Romeo meets with Juliet’s family and works it out. “I talked to your dad go pick out a white dress…” Everyone lives happily ever after. Shakespeare, on the other hand, his play ends horrible. Basically everyone dies.

In conclusion, Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, and the song “Love Story” by Taylor Swift are both alike and different in the ways that I told you.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM • comment (4) • Reads 124 • Return to Blog List

Good Job Timmy! This is a really good review
Posted May 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM by • Haley T
I really like your blog. I think that Taylor swift probably did read Romeo and Juliet before writing the song.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:10 AM by • Richard
Tim I like your blog. I agree that maybe she was reading Romeo and Juliet when she wrote this song.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 08:24 AM by • Ashley S
I totally agree with how Taylor Swift might have read this book before she wrote her song.
Posted May 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM by • Ryan K