March Free Write
How to Start a Dead Car Battery
Has your car battery ever died? Have you ever been unable to start your car? Have you ever been able to start a dead car battery? Knowing how to start a dead car battery is good to know. Here are the steps to start a dead car battery:
1. Open the hood of your car.
2. Grab jumper cables (smart to keep a pair in the trunk).
3. Call somebody with a good battery.
4. Open the hood of the car with the charged battery.
5. Hook red cable to the weak battery positive post.
6. Hook up the red cable to the running battery positive post.
7. Hook black cable to the weak battery negative post.
8. Hook black cable to the running battery negative post or engine block.
9. Try starting the dead car battery.
10. If it starts remove cables in reverse order.
Keep the car running to recharge the alternator and battery. Batteries always tend to die at times when you really need your car. It doesn’t take long to fix the problem if you are prepared. Now, you know how to start a dead car battery. Don’t forget to keep a pair of jumper cables in your trunk.