Copyright (c) 2014 by Tyler B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Tyler B -- Blogmeister

-

by Tyler B teacher: Melanie Transue

A Song of Romeo and Juliet

Sing Out!

What song refers most to Romeo and Juliet. "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straights? "Prepare the Masses" by A Change of Pace? or "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult? In my opinion the song "Prepare the Masses" by A Change of Pace is a good description of Romeo and Juliet.

Most songs just use Romeo and Juliet to say their love for each other, but this song actually talks about Romeo and Juliet's love and not just a boy and girl in love. Just like a boy and girl in love; it describes two people in love, but in the song it uses parts of the book to show how they describe Romeo and Juliet.

Out of the list of songs to choose from, I think this one was the most accurate of "our Romeo" and "our Juliet" because in some parts it uses lines from the book. It also mentions other parts of the book (not openly stated like some lines) if you know what their describing. The accuracy is very good for this song using quotes from the book and you can tell they are showing the real Romeo and Juliet.

That is why I think, out of the songs given to us, that "Prepare the Masses" by A Change of Pace is the best descrition of Romeo and Juliet and is also very accurate.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 08:59 PM • comment (1) • Reads 45 • see all articles